- It is said that China has invested $43 billion on Beijing Olympic infrastructure (3 times larger than other Olympic cities).
- From 2006 and 2008, 500 million sqf of office space has been build (equivalent of total office space in entire Manhattan). This number exclude government-led projects.
- There are still 100 million sqf of vacant office space --- it takes 14 years to absorb this vacancy.
- The National Stadium, known as the Bird's Nest, has only one event scheduled for this year: a performance of the opera "Turandot" on Aug. 8, the one-year anniversary of the Olympic opening ceremony. China's leading soccer club backed out of a deal to play there, saying it would be an embarrassment to use a 91,000-seat stadium for games that ordinarily attract only 10,000 spectators.
- The supply of residential real estate is skewed toward luxury properties, out of reach for "regular people" and they are expected to drop 15-20%.
It make me realize that world was so "bubbly", especially in emerging countries and emerging cities to name a few such as Dubai, Macau, Beijing, Moscow, etc...... And history of bubble certainly repeat by itself.